Season trade fairs 2010 with Wibu-Systems: software protection at the industry trade fairs Electronica and SPS/IPC/Drives
Karlsruhe – In November, Wibu-Systems, one of the leading vendors for software protection and license management, will present its CodeMeter software protection solution at the industry trade fairs Electronica in Munich and SPS/IPC/Drives in Nuremberg with joint booths. Special focus is given to the topics software protection and protection of production data to prevent software piracy for machines, plants, and controls. At the Electronica show, Wibu-Systems will exhibit as a partner of Swissbit and Hyperstone in Hall 6 at Booth A421 and at the SPS trade fair at the CoDeSys Joint Booth 530 with 3-S Smart Software Solutions in Hall 7. In additional lectures visitors will be able to learn more about protection options preventing product piracy in the embedded realm.
The focus of both lectures is on preventing product piracy and protecting know-how in the embedded realm. The presentation at Electronica will be on November 10th, 3:30 p.m. in the Embedded Forum A6.459 while SPS visitors are invited on November 25th, 9:40 a.m. in the Forum ZVEI, Hall 8, Booth 410.
To protect their intellectual property, industrial companies require a suitable protection hardware compatible with existing interfaces, reliable within extreme temperature ranges, and protected from dust, humidity, and strong electrical or magnetic fields. New hardware form factors, including CmCard/CF in CompactFlash, CmCard/SD for the SD interface, and the CmCard/µSD for the MicroSD interface are all based on proven CodeMeter technology and meet these special requirements.
CodeMeter helps companies in multiple industrial categories to meet their software protection requirements by:
- Preventing illegal copies of embedded software through flexible software licensing.
- Providing new business models in the embedded realm, such as pay-per-use or feature-on-demand.
- Protecting intellectual property and know-how from reverse engineering.
- Preventing the use of illegal software copies impeding product piracy and plagiarism and also protecting data, for example, production data in textile production, or personal data when using medical devices.
- Increasing system security by ensuring the integrity of software ("anti-tampering").
- Preventing manipulation of log files.
Oliver Winzenried, C.E.O. and co-founder of Wibu-Systems AG, is convinced: “At both industry trade fairs, we expect great interest in CodeMeter since by now our solution has been further developed providing companies to meet single or multiple protection objectives. The first-time attack on industry systems with the computer worm Stuxnet this summer increases the request for sound protection strategies as provided by CodeMeter.”